And the winner is… Kaspersky, hands down There are many antivirus software packages out there. Some free, some that are included in your internet service, and purchased premium packages.
Before I retired 13 years ago, our team supported 80,000 PC desktops and laptops. I was a dyed in the wool Symantec Norton Antivirus fan. But over the past few years, I saw a decline in service levels, and the meteoric rise of Kaspersky Antivirus. I’m now a Kaspersky fan.
Here are some Antivirus packages commonly used
- Norton Antivirus by Symantec. Comes for free with Comcast internet. I had used it reliably for many years, but I would not recommend it now. Although if you don’t have ANY antivirus, go for it. I will provide an order link if you decide that is the way to go
- McAfee – this is the most badly behaved software. No wonder they give it away. You must answer annoying prompts continuously, and I have had incompatibilities with so many PC software programs. Definitely THUMBS DOWN.
- AVG – there is a free program you could download, but they do have a paid upgrade. My daughter’s boyfriend swears by it (of course it may be the poor college student talking). I have no personal experience with AVG.
- Kaspersky – absolutely my favorite now. It just works. Works well.
You should have SOME antivirus protection, no matter what. I highly recommend Kaspersky. Settling for the lesser brands is like opting for a surgeon who partied all the time and only got D’s in medical school: He is still called Doctor but do you want HIM taking out your gall bladder?
Unlimited Devices – 2 years
||McAfee Total Protection
Norton Security Deluxe
5 Devices 1 year
Kaspersky Total Security 2016
3 Devices | 1 Year
– I am an authorized Amazon.com affiliate
– The links above are provided by and served by Amazon.com
– Pricing is exactly as though you were go purchase directly on the Amazon.com website
– You actually check out using Amazon shopping cart.
– These links are placed here for your convenience to allow product and pricing comparison.